Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Am Actually Knitting

That's my cousin Coffee Jones's daughter, aka the Beanette. The blanket (lap rug?) is Brooklyn Tweed's Hemlock Ring pattern, done is Misti Alpaca. What you can't tell -- and I'm not sure why not -- is that the color is called Peacock and is actually deep navy with a slight bit of purple and an even slighter bit of turquoise in it. Here, it just looks grey. (And the Beans' furniture looks beige or taupe, and it's actually grey. Something odd about this.)

More detail.

Even more detail.

The center. Brooklyn Tweed's genius is is taking a historical pattern for a table-top lace doily and using large needles and bulky-weight yarn. Beautiful!

By the way, when I went over to his website, I learned that he's got a book coming out. Here's his blog post. (I was going to include the the link on Amazon, but it's not up yet. Sorry.) Buy it -- he's good! (And the photos are good enough to eat...)

No comments:

Post a Comment