Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I made something!

Hey, I finished something!

A scarf, to be precise:

It's not long, but it's essentially garter stitch (with a wave knit in; no biggie), and we all know those st-r-e-t-ch, so I am happy with the length.

You can't tell from the photos, but the yarns I used (impulse buys on sale at Yarnings, a store in Skippack, PA) are super, super soft. I don't believe there's a genuine fibre in the bunch, but I don't care, and I suspect the intended recipient won't either.

I have a LOT to learn about photographing my finished projects, but I did try to make it look nice.

And then there's the photo just to show what yarns I used:

Austermann Gina and Trendsetter's Delicious. I knitted it on #11 needles, alternating yarns every two rows in a pattern modified from one of Barbara Walker's books. The whole thing took me less than two days, which could explain why it's actually done.

No comments:

Post a Comment